The Top Ten Things I Wish I Knew Before I Left Home
10. Any and all compliments can be handled by simply saying “Why, thank
9. Some people are working backstage, some are playing in the orchestra, some
are on stage singing, some are in the audience as critics and some are there to
Know who and where you are.
8. Never give yourself a haircut.
7. When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste…when
eating, take time to enjoy it.
6. Be more concerned about your character than your reputation… because your
character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others
5. You need only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn’t move and it should, use WD-40. If it
moves and shouldn’t, use the tape.
4. The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship “I
apologize” and “You are right.”
3. When you make a mistake, make amends immediately. It’s easier to eat crow
while it’s still warm.
2. Learn to pick your battles; Ask yourself, ‘Will this matter one year from
now? How about one month? One week? One day?’
1. If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance!